Terms & Conditions
Last updated 31 May 2021
1. Payment of the deposit is regarded as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and subject to sufficient notice being given under clause 2, is non refundable.
Clause 1 – Cancellation, in writing, more than one month before holiday – loss of the deposit
Clause 2 – Cancellation, in writing, less than one month before holiday – loss of full cost of the holiday.
2. A 25% deposit is required on booking with the balance to be paid one month before arrival. Failure to do so will constitute cancellation of the holiday. Any booking made less than four weeks ahead must be paid in full. All cheques made payable to “Kay Carne”. To help reduce administration, we do not send reminders; the balance due date is on the booking confirmation.
3. Unforeseen circumstances could force you to cancel the holiday – we recommend that you obtain personal insurance.
4. No compensation will be paid or refund given for any cancellation or changes made by the property owner as a result of any war, strikes, disaster, terrorist activity, technical problems with transportation, quarantine, weather or any other outside our control.
4.1. The only exceptions to clause 4 are stated here below as 4.1.1 and 4.1.2
4.1.1 National Lockdown. In the event of a national lockdown, where you are unable to travel or we are prevented from opening, and the travel restriction coincides with the period of your holiday, you will receive a full refund.
4.1.2 Regional / Local Lockdown. In the event that your address is put into a local / regional lockdown, rendering you unable to travel, and the travel restriction coincides with the period of your holiday, you will receive a full refund. This applies only to the address given on the booking form at the time of booking.
5. The proprietors reserve the right to terminate your stay if you, or any other member of your party, are believed to be causing a nuisance to the guests or are not treating the property with due respect.
6. The proprietors shall not be liable to you, or any other member of your party, for any loss or damage to you or your property however caused.
7. There must be no more members in your party than the property is designed to accommodate and only those listed on the Booking Form may occupy each cottage.
8.Accommodation is booked from 15:30 on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10:00 on day of departure. (This ensures that we have time to prepare the cottage for incoming tenants and your cooperation in this matter will contribute to a trouble free change over).
9. We shall do our utmost to return lost property, but any items not reclaimed after one month will be donated to a charity shop.
10. Electricity and bed linen, cots and high chairs are provided at no extra charge. (Prior notice for cots and high chairs to be requested on booking form).
11. There is a separate coin operated telephone available for outgoing calls only.
12. Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the cottages and any inclosed areas of the property, as we are a working farm we cannot allow pets. Guide dogs, however, are welcome.
13.Payments by cheque is processed free of charge however due to unavoidable incurred costs there is a 4% surcharge for card payments.
I undertake to take care of the property, which I am renting, and will replace or pay for any articles damaged, chipped or lost by me or my party. I will leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, as found on our arrival.